Wednesday, May 7, 2014

“Matt, your going to be late to school!” I groan and roll out of bed. Oh crap! 

Its 8:30, and school starts at 8:40. I rush out of the door and run to school. As i 

pass the deli on the corner of my block, I see a man who is limping, and his ear is 

bleeding. I wonder if he's OK i thought in my head. But i don't have time to ask. 

I arrive at the red front door of my school, just as 1st period bell rings.

Yesssssss!! I think to myself as I walk to homeroom. My footsteps are the only 

sound in the blue school hallway. as i near my class, i hear faint crunches and 

groans. The door is ajar, and the man I saw at the deli was eating the kidney of  a 

kid, unrecognizable from all the blood. The man looks up at me, and from the 

corner of my eye, the kid who was just slaughtered is standing, and limping 

towards me. I turn around and dash out the school door. Outside, the sun is 

gleaming down on me and the trees are full of birds.   Everyone around me is 

moaning and walking, no limping toward me. 

I run down main street and fumble through my pockets to find my silver 

keys to the front door of my house. Oh god, I forgot my keys! I thought to myself. 

The things were closing in all around me. I bash through the door of my house 

and run down the wooden hall to the kitchen, and grab a stainless steel knife, 

which was originally used to cut fish, but it would work for people. I stab the man 

in the stomach, and blood spurts all over the wooden counter, but he's still alive 

somehow. I am perspiring and about to retch. the man, now on the floor grabs my 

leg and bites it. I try to cry out, but there is no pain.

“Matt? Hello? Can you answer the question or not?” I wearily sit up and 

scratch my head. “What did you say?” 

“Do you need to see the guidance councilor about your concentration problems?” 

says my teacher mr. Dylan. 

“No thanks mr. Dylan.”

“Im not giving you a choice, your failing my class matt, and you need to get your 

grades up fast, because the end of the school year is in 2 weeks.” 

A wave of shock washed over me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I mean that you have gotten all 65s on my tests, and you have done your 

homework once.” Wow. Thats a shocker. I gathered my school supplies and 

walked out of the classroom. I could tell that every set of eyes in the classroom 

were glued on me.

A week passes. I have been studying all night for mr. Dylans math test, my 

eyes are bloodshot and my mind is delirious. I glance over my shoulder to look at 

the clock, and it says 1:30 AM. I need sleep I think to myself, but i have to study 

or else I will fail his test and I will have to go to summer school. Even after 

pounding a 5 hour energy, I cannot stay up any longer. my eyelids droop shut 

and I am knocked out. Buzz Buzz Buzz. 

“Shut up alarm clock” I mumble. Oh no! Todays the test and I am so tired I can 

barely brush my teeth. 

The school bell rings, marking 1st period. The test is 2nd period. I cram in 

some last minute studying on my way to mr. Dylans room.

Its time for the test.


-3+2=11

7--12=23

32--38=16

-19+12=3

I hand in my test to mr. Dylan, and he frowns and furrows his brow. 

“Matt, you got every question wrong, I dont know how to put this, but your going 


to summer school.”

No comments:

Post a Comment