Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Has the Arab Spring Failed?

        The Arab spring did fail. I think this because at first the protesters were very enthusiastic. But now the Middle East is full of bloodshed and violence. At first, they were doing a pretty good job of protesting and getting their way, But as stated in the article, the uprising turned into a civil war that has killed over 100,000 people. If you overthrow a ruler, there will be no government and that will lead to pandemonium and chaos. The Arab spring has caused the Islamist government to almost collapse on itself, causing the country to start to go into a state of war. I think that the Arab Spring has injured democracy in the Middle East.

      Although the Arab spring was not successful in my point of view, I still believe that the Middle East      can still achieve democratic reforms over time. I think this because the government can regain control and repair the damage and seize the Arab Spring. I think that the Arab Spring is causing more problems than the military crackdown. If the government can reinforce the arab spring than the government has a good chance of getting back in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment